Job Type: Full-time year round
Pay: $19/hr+ DOE
As a general carpenter/contractor with Log Homes, you will need to be able to read a measuring tape, read a level, measure materials, and cut materials required for the current job. You will need to use hand and power tools to shape, cut, sharpen, smooth, and finish surfaces. You will be working with a variety of materials and will need to know how to read dimension from plans and drawings to determine the size and shape of materials. You will need to be able to lift and move heavy materials and equipment and use ladders and scaffolding. You will be working outdoors and must be able to take direction from the foreman and co-workers. It is your responsibility to arrive at the job site or meetings in a timely manner every day.
Standards of Performance
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards him/herself and the company
- Sense of company loyalty
- Willingness to learn
- Polite and courteous to fellow employees, foreman, owners, and customers.
- Address problems and work issues promptly, takes responsibility for own actions
- A team player
- Organized, punctual and reliable
- Finds work to be done and eager to stay busy
- Good judgment and follows through on projects and tasks
- Able to accept criticism and suggestions to improve performance
- Desires additional responsibilities and the ability to improve performance to work towards leadership positions
- Attendance is an important part of an employee’s overall performance and LHM’s ability to service its customers. Excessive, unapproved absences, tardiness or early departure will not be tolerated. If unapproved absences, tardiness, or early departure or unscheduled PTO becomes excessive, employee may be subject to termination.
- Employees are expected show up for work daily when scheduled and to be on time to job site or to their form of transportation to the job site.
- Employees are expected to call the office and foreman if sick, late, or taking an unexpected vacation day
- Employees are expected to accept instructions/assignment of duties from their supervisors with respect
- Employees are expected to work with and communicate with fellow employees in a respectful and cooperative manner
- Professional, mature behavior is required on the job
Apply Online Today
Log Homes Minnesota is a custom builder. The majority of our construction is in-log but we also design and construct stick-built homes as well. We are a well-established and privately owned general contractor based in North Central Minnesota.
Walker, MN 56484